I’ve been away for a bit – travelling for work – so haven’t had a lot of chances to bake anything new or crochet anything fancy. But it’s a long weekend here in Ontario and I had some older bananas to use up. One thing led to another and now there are muffins cooling on my counter.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 large muffins (not ‘jumbo’, just large).
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray or grease-and-flour a muffin tray. You could use cupcake liners if you happen to know where yours are at the moment – some of us aren’t that prepared for this whole thing.
- Mix together the bananas, egg, oil, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix just ’til everything is combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes (test after 18 minutes) – or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Or, y’know, eat them scaldingly hot and burn your tongue. Whatever works for you.