Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes a thick, chewy, 10″ cookie.
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups coffee/chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, mixing and scraping down the sides of the mixer.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt – mix to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix just until everything is neat and tidy together.
- Firmly press the dough into a 10″ cast iron skillet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (until golden and set)
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
I used coffee-flavoured chocolate chips – the local grocery store had them available just before Christmas, so I figured I’d try them. You can use whatever kind of chocolatey-chip-like thing you like best. Adapted from this recipe.