You would think that I’d have taken a photo of this fudge, but I didn’t.
So, close your eyes and picture a small square of yellow fudge.
Honestly, this doesn’t look fancy AT ALL, but it’s pretty tasty.
“Keep Stirring For The Love of..” Lemon Fudge.
Makes an 8×8 tray. Cut ’em small!
2 ¼ cups white sugar
¾ cup evaporated milk
9 ounces white chocolate, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup of cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 ½ tablespoons lemon extract
zest of one lemon (zested!)
yellow food colouring (I used gel colouring)
- Spray an 8×8 square pan. Set it aside.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, combine the sugar with the evaporated milk. Stir it until it boils, turn the heat down a notch or two (keep it bubbling, just not as hot) and stir and stir and stir.
- Keep stirring for 6 minutes. Curse this entire process.
- After 6 minutes, turn off the heat and all the other ingredients – while stirring. I used my hand mixer for this part because I was really, really tired of stirring.
- Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, and the colour is right, pour it into the prepared pan. Smooth the top if you’re fancy like that.
- Set aside until the pan is cooled – then put the pan into the freezer for at least 20 minutes. This will make the fudge much easier to slice and remove from the pan.
- Slice the fudge small – this stuff is wildly creamy and sweet!