I love to make homemade spring rolls (whether plain or deep fried) and this is the perfect sauce to dip them in! Just the right amount of heat, just the right amount of sweet.
Here’s the recipe:
Thai Hot & Sweet Dipping Sauce
Makes 8 half pints
1/2 cup finely chopped garlic
1 T. salt
6 cups cider vinegar
6 cups sugar
1/2 cup hot pepper flakes
- Combine the chopped garlic and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stainless steel saucepan, bring the vinegar to a boil. After the vinegar comes to a boil add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for five minutes. Remove the vinegar from heat and stir in both the garlic mixture and the pepper flakes, stir to combine.
- Stirring frequently, ladle sauce into jars, leaving about 1/2 inch head space. Remove air bubbles and add more liquid if needed.
- Wipe rims with clean cloth. Place lids and rings.
- Process for 15 minutes.