You can put this jelly on toast, on panini, on crackers-with-cheese, or you can eat it on a spoon. Sweet but with a major kick from the hot, hot habanero peppers!
Here’s the recipe:
Hot Pepper Jelly
Makes 7 half pints.
2 1/2 cups finely chopped red habanero peppers
1 small sweet bell pepper finely chopped
1 1/2 cup white vinegar (5% acidity)
6 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon butter (this reduces foam)
6 oz liquid pectin
- Coarsely chop peppers with seeds and place in blender with vinegar, sugar and pulse to mix well.
- Transfer to pot, add butter and bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute. Cook for 5 minutes at a steady boil.
- Quickly add pectin and stir. Allow mixture to return to a boil and cook for 3 more minutes stirring a few times.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Put into half pint jars and seal in water bath for 10 minutes.